The 8th edition of the ELI Summer School series aims to provide young scientists with a comprehensive overview of the generation and application of intense laser pulses and laser-driven particle and radiation sources. Last year, more than 300 students from 29 countries followed the scientific programme of ELISS in front of the screens – and this time, the pandemic situation allows us to finally meet in person again.
Date of the ELI Summer School: 29 August – 1 September 2023
Venue of the event: ELI Beamlines Facility, Czech Republic, Dolní Břežany, Za Radnicí 835
Main topics include:
- High-power ultrafast lasers
- Generation of bright coherent and incoherent x-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
- Free electron lasers from IR to x-rays
- Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
- Function and applications of short x-ray pulses (including synchronizations)
- Particle acceleration by lasers and applications: proton therapy
- Physics of dense plasmas and warm dense matter, laboratory astrophysics
- Ultraintense laser matter interaction
- Nuclear physics with high-intensity lasers
- Femtoscience: applications in biology, chemistry and solid-state physics
- Generation of attosecond pulses: Attoscience photonics
Registration and fee: https://indico.eli-laser.eu/event/23/page/49-registration
Don't miss your chance, register now!
The Summer School is organised with the support of the IMPULSE project.